“WebInternetSecurity” (www.webinternetsecurity.com) is a suspicious security software that gets on your computer as a bundled software when you download and install other free software from the Internet. When “WebInternetSecurity” is installed on your computer, it runs on Windows Start-up and adds scheduled tasks to launch the program at scheduled times. The “WebInternetSecurity” looks legitimate, but is responsible for advertisements and pop-up ads that are displayed when you use your computer.
To remove WebInternetSecurity malicious program from your computer, follow the instructions given below:
How to get rid of “WebInternetSecurity” suspicious software.
Step 1: Terminate & Delete ‘WebInternetSecurity’ process with RogueKiller.
1. Download and save "RogueKiller" utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop).
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Let the prescan to complete and then press on "Scan" button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is completed, press the "Delete" button to remove all malicious items found.
4. Close RogueKiller utility.
Step 2. Uninstall "WebInternetSecurity” app from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these programs* :
- Also remove any other unknown or unwanted application.
* At WebInternetSecurity uninstall screen select “Continue”
**Press “Yes” to remove the certificate from the Root Store.
Step 3: Remove Web-Internet-Security Adware with AdwCleaner.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Remove WebInternetSecurity with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly".
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.