Last updated on November 27th, 2013
MyPC Backup is an online backup service that can take a secure backup of your computer into online servers. MyPC Backup application is bundled as a part of other free software installation programs. When MyPcBackup is installed on a computer, it displays messages to make the user buy the software in order to use it.
Another symptoms while MyPC Backup is running, is that your computer is running slowly, and continuously more ads are displayed on your screen (as the days pass) to buy the program.
Note: You must always pay attention when you install software on your computer.
If you want to completely remove MyPC Backup online backup, from your computer use the steps below:
How to remove MyPCBackup from your computer:
Step 1. Start your computer in Safe Mode
As MyPC Backup removal is difficult to be performed, while running in normal Windows mode, it is better to reboot your computer and to log on to Windows using “Safe Mode” option.
1. To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up (before the appearance of the Windows logo).
2. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the “Safe Mode” option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 2. Uninstall "MyPC Backup” software from your Windows Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) the following applications:
- MyPC Backup
- Any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 2. Manually delete all “MyPC Backup” files/folders.
1. Open Windows explorer and navigate to the path listed bellow to locate and delete “MyPC Backup” files/folders.
- C:\Program Files
2. Restart your computer and continue to Step 3.
Step 3. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don’t know how to install and use “MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 4. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.