Set default web page in your internet browser.
Every time I open my web browser, my browser window opens in my preferred website. If you would like to do this in your browser then read this tutorial.
How to set your preferred homepage in the most commonly used web browsers
Internet Explorer , Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera
How to set your preferred home page in Internet Explorer.
1. Open Internet Explorer and then open “Internet Options”.
To do this from IE’s file menu, choose “Tools” > “Internet Options”.
Notice*: At latest versions of IE, press the “Gear” icon on the top right.
2. At General tab, type your preferred home page and press “OK”.
B. Google Chrome
How to set your preferred home page in Google.
1. Open Google chrome and go to chrome menu and choose “Settings”.
2. Find the “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages”.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. https://www.wintips.org) and press “OK”.
How to set your preferred home page in Mozilla Firefox.
1. First you must have enabled the Firefox’s main “Menu Bar”.
Right Click, on the empty space at the right of “Page Tab” and enable Firefox “Menu Bar”.
2. From Firefox’s main menu, go to: “Tools” > “Options”.
3. At “General” tab, go to “Home Page” settings and type your preferred home page: e.g. www.google.com. Then choose “OK” to exit Firefox options.
How to set your preferred home page in Apple Safari .
1. Open Safari and click on Safari menu icon at the up right:
2. Choose “Preferences”.
3. At “General” tab, go to “Homepage” settings and type your preferred home page: e.g. www.google.com. Then press the “Set to Current Page” button under this and press “Change Homepage” when the security warning dialog appears.
How to set your preferred home page in Opera:
1. Click Opera’s main menu on the upper left corner of your browser window and choose “Settings > Preferences”.
2. At “General” tab, first make sure that you have selected the “Start with home page” option in “Startup” section.
Then go to “Homepage” section and type your preferred home page e.g. https://www.wintips.org and choose “OK”.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.