This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the following error in Server 2016: "The Data Sharing Service service terminated with the following error: %%3239247874" – Event ID 7023.
The Event ID 7023 which appears after every reboot, is a known issue in Server 2016 and occurs because the following two (2) services are trying to start under the same svchost process.
- Data Sharing Service
- User Access Logging Service
How to FIX Event ID 7023 in Server 2016: Data Sharing Service service terminated with error %%3239247874.
To resolve the error event 7023 in Server 2016, you have to configure the Data Sharing Service (DsSvc) and the User Access Logging Service (UALSVC), to start to their own svchost process. To do that:
1. Open command prompt as administrator. To do that:
1. In the Search box type: cmd or command prompt
2. Right click on the command prompt (result) and select Run as Administrator.
2. At the command prompt window, type the following two commands in order (press Enter after typing each command:
- Sc config ualsvc type= own
- Sc config dssvc type= own
3. Close Command Prompt and reboot the server, or start the Data Sharing Service manually.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this solution.