How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps on Mobile and Desktop.
If you want to learn how to drop a pin in Google Maps in your computer or in your mobile, then keep reading this step-by-step guide.
Google Maps is a life saver because it helps us navigate from one place to another easily. But it's not just that' The app has a bunch of other cool features too. One of them is the ability to place a pin in a Google Maps.
Dropping a pin in Google Maps its a great feature when you're trying to tell someone how to find a spot that doesn't have a street address or when an address in the app isn't quite accurate.
By following the instructions outlined in this article, you'll learn how to drop a pin on Google Maps in no time. With this feature, you can share a location, create a custom tag, or even save the pin's location on Google Maps.
How to Drop a Pin in Google Maps on Mobile.
Dropping a pin on the Google Maps app on your mobile device or tablet, is a piece of cake. And the best part is it's just as easy on both Android and iOS. Here's how to do it:
1. Open the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
2. Type in the search bar the location address or area you want to drop a pin.
3. Once you have found the location, press and hold your finger on the spot where you want to drop the pin in the Google Map.
4. A Red pin will appear on the map, and a card with the address and place name will appear at the bottom of the screen.
5. Release your finger from the screen, and the pin will remain in place. You can now tap on the pin to get more information about the location, to get directions or to save and share the Pin's exact location with others.
How to Drop a Pin in Google Maps on Desktop.
To drop a pin on the Google Maps desktop version is pretty similar to doing it on your mobile.
1. Open Google Maps in your browser.
2. Type in the search bar the address/location that you want view in Google Maps and you want to drop a pin on.
3a. Once you see the area you are interested in on Google Maps, find the exact spot that you want to drop the pin and click on it (1).
3b. After clicking, a small gray pin will appear on the map, and a card with the address the place name and the GPS Coordinates will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click the address card (2), to get more information about the selected location.
4. After doing the above, a red pin will appear on the selected location and on the left side of your screen you will see all available information about the selected address, along with the options to get directions, save the selected address or share the location with others.
● Save the Pin: When you save a pin, it's like keeping a bookmark of that location. You can access it later with just a few taps. You'll find your saved pins on the "Favorites," "Starred Places," and "Want to Go" lists on the dashboard. Or, you can create your own lists by visiting the "Saved" section in the app. It's a no-brainer!
● Add a Label: You can save a location by tagging it with a label of your choice. Plus, all your data is synced across devices so that you can access it from anywhere. This way, you can easily keep track of all the places you've saved, and you'll never have to worry about losing your data.
● Share Pin's Location: Sharing the Pin's location pin with someone else is a breeze. Just tap on the 'Share' icon in the mobile version of Google Maps. In the desktop version, you can share the location on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the icons in the menu. It's that easy!
5. Additionally, if you right-click on the red pin you'll have some extra options, like to view the exact GPS coordinates, print the map, add your business, etc.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.