Last updated on February 20th, 2014
Intelewin Filter (TR/Agent.tgs, TR/Agent.ddf) is a dangerous malicious Trojan horse that hides its existence from detection (and removal) and once it infects a computer, it can steal personal information, it violates your privacy and it performs dangerous modifications inside the infected system.
Commonly, Intelewin Filter Trojan is bundled inside free software programs that the user downloads and installs from unknown download sources.
If a computer is infected with Intelewin Filter Trojan, then the antivirus security is disabled, the computer speed is decreased dramatically and continuously more ads are displayed in the Internet browser.
Intelewin Filter malicious folders & files:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\Intelewin filter
To clean Intelewin Filter Trojan from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove Trojan "Intelewin Filter" from your computer:
Step 1: Start your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking".
To do this:
1. Shut down your computer.
2. Start up your computer (Power On) and as your computer is booting up, press the "F8" key before the Windows logo appears.
3. Using your keyboard arrows, select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press "Enter".
Step 2: Terminate malicious processes & Clean your computer with RogueKiller.
1. Download and save "RogueKiller" utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop).
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Let the prescan to complete and then press on "Scan" button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is completed, press the "Delete" button to remove all malicious items found.
4. Close RogueKiller utility and reboot your computer.
5. Start your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" again.
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 3. Uninstall "Intelewin Filter" program from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and remove/Uninstall any of these applications:
- Intelewin Filter (by "GTgroup")
- Also uninstall any other unknown or unwanted application listed.
Step 4. Delete remaining "Intelewin Filter" hidden files
Notice: You must enable the hidden files view to perform this task.
1. Navigate to the following paths & delete the following folder(s): Intelewin Filter
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intelewin filter
Step 5: Clean Adware, Malicious Files & Registry entries using "AdwCleaner"
1. Download and save "AdwCleaner" utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open "AdwCleaner" from your desktop.
3. Press "Scan".
4. When scan is completed, press "Clean" to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press "OK" at "AdwCleaner – Information" and press "OK" again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 6. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press "OK" to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window, check all items found (Right-Click > "Select All Items") and then click on the "Remove Selected" button to remove all threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly".
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in windows "Safe mode".*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the "F8" key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press "ENTER".
Step 7. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use "CCleaner" program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don't know how to install and use "CCleaner", read these instructions.