Last updated on September 18th, 2015
Shopperz is an adware software that may install additional plugins (toolbars, extensions or add-ons) inside the Web browser in order to present unwanted pop-up ads and advertisements in every webpage the user visit. Ads by Shopperz can be installed in popular Web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, without the user's permission. Adware programs like this, may contain malware (malicious software) in their code in order to compromise the computer's security and make it vulnerable to hackers or malicious Internet attacks.
Technically, Shopperz is not a virus and is categorized as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that may contain and install malicious programs on your computer, like adware, toolbars or viruses. If a computer is infected with Shopperz adware software, then more pop-up ads, banners and sponsored links are displayed on the victim's computer screen or in the Internet browser and in some cases, the computer speed may be slowed down due to malicious programs running on the background.
Shopperz adware program was probably installed without the user's knowledge because it is commonly bundled inside other freeware software which are downloaded -and installed- from known internet sites like "download.com (CNET)", "Softonic.com", etc. For that reason, you must always pay attention to the installation options for any program you install on your computer, because most software installers contain additional software that you never wanted to install. In simple words, DO NOT INSTALL ANY IRRELEVANT SOFTWARE that comes with the software installer of the program that you want to install. More specifically, when you install a program on your computer:
- DO NOT PRESS the "Next" button too fast at the installation screens.
- READ VERY CAREFULLY the Terms and Agreements berore clicking "Accept"..
- ALWAYS SELECT: "Custom" installation.
- DECLINE to install any offered additional software that you don't want to install.
- UNCHECK any option that says that your homepage and search settings will be modified.
How to remove Shopperz Ads from your computer:
Step 1. Remove Shopperz Ads malicious registry settings & browser extensions with RogueKiller.
1. Download and save RogueKiller utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop). RogueKiller is an anti-malware program written and is able to detect, stop & remove generic malwares and some advanced threats such as rootkits, rogues, worms, etc.
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Let the prescan to complete and then press on "Scan" button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is completed, select all items found in 'Registry' & "Web Browsers" tabs and then press the "Delete" button to remove them.
(If asked, press Yes to reboot your computer.)
Step 2. Uninstall Shopperz Adware program from your Control Panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Windows 8 & 8.1:
2. Double click to open:
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP.
- Programs and Features (or "Uninstall a Program") if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen:
1. Sort the the programs displayed by Installation date (Click at Installed On).
2. Remove (Uninstall) any unknown program that was recently installed on your system.
3. Uninstall the follow applications (if exist)*:
- Shopperz12082015 184.108.40.2065 (random characters)
- If you don't find the unwanted program on the list, then continue to the next step.
- If you receive the "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall" error message, during uninstall process, then follow this uninstall guide to remove the program and then continue to the rest steps.
Step 3: Remove Shopperz certificates.
2. Type "certmgr.msc" and press Enter.
3. At the left pane navigate to Trusted Root Certificate Authorities > Certificates
4. At the right pane: right-click at "Cyfbo Katif" item and select Delete.
6. When prompted press Yes to confirm your decision.
7. Perform the same action and delete these two (2) items "Eyeixoon Lauvr" & "Erenvob Aband".
8. Close Certificate Manager.
Step 4: Remove Ads by Shopperz with "AdwCleaner".
1. Download and save AdwCleaner utility to your computer.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open "AdwCleaner" from your computer.
3. After accepting the "License Agreement", press the "Scan" button.
4. When the scan is completed, press "Clean" to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
5. Press "OK" at "AdwCleaner – Information" and press "OK" again to restart your computer.
6. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5. Remove Shopperz Ads with Junkware Removal Tool.
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with "JRT – Junkware Removal Tool".
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 6. Remove Shopperz Adware infection with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from all remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium. You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the link below:
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the "Start My Free 14-Trial" option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the "Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium" option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the "Scan Now" button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, press the "Quarantine All" (Remove Selected) button to remove all threats found.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode". Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 7 – Remove Ads by Shopperz from Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox.
To ensure that Shopperz Ads are completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to their default values.
Remove Shopperz Ads from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. Click the Content tab.
3. Choose Certificates.
4. Select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
5. Select the Cyfbo Katif, Erenvob Aband & Eyeixoon Lauvr certificates and press the Remove button.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
7. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
8. Click the "Advanced" tab.
9. Choose "Reset".
10. Check (to enable) the "Delete personal settings" box and choose "Reset".
11. After the resetting action is completed, press "Close" and then choose "OK" to exit Internet Explorer options.
12. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove Ads by Shopperz from Chrome
2. Look at the end of "Settings" options and press the "Show advanced settings" link.
3. Scroll all the page down and press the Manage certificates button.
4. Select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
5. Select the Cyfbo Katif, Erenvob Aband & Eyeixoon Lauvr and press the Remove button.
6. Restart Google Chrome.
8. Look at the end of "Settings" options and press the "Show advanced settings" link.
9. Scroll all the page down and press the "Reset Browser Settings" button.
10. Press the "Reset" button again.
11. Restart Google Chrome.
Note: If the problem persists then you have to have to completely uninstall and re-install Google Chrome.
Remove Shopperz Ads from Firefox.
1. From Firefox menu, select Options.
2. Select Advanced at the left pane.
3. At Certificates tab select View Certificates.
5. Press OK to confirm your decision and then close all windows and restart Firefox.
6. From Firefox menu, go to "Help" > "Troubleshooting Information".
7. In "Troubleshooting Information" window, press "Reset Firefox" button to reset Firefox to its default state.
8. Press "Reset Firefox" again.
Note for Thunderbird Users: You must perform the same steps and remove the Shopperz. certificates from your e-mail client.