"Websearch.WebIsAwsome.info” (http://websearch.webisawsome.info/), is a browser hijacker bundled inside other free software installation programs and upon installed on your computer, it modifies your Internet homepage and search provider to “websearch.webisawsome.info” in order to perform browsing redirects and displays advertisements from unknown vendors.
"Websearch.webisawsome.info” can be installed on common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) if a user doesn’t pay attention when installing free software (commonly).
To remove “websearch.webisawsome.info” homepage & restore your browser search settings, follow the steps below:
How to remove “websearch.webisawsome.info” hijacker from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall unwanted applications from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these apps:
- Agent (By Bettersoft)
- EZDownloader (By EZDownloader)
- Also uninstall any other unknown application.
Step 2: Clean remaining registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 3. Ensure that “websearch.webisawsome.info” Homepage & Search settings are removed from your internet browser.
How to remove “websearch.webisawsome.info” Homepage & Search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage “websearch.webisawsome.info” from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section press “Settings” in Search section. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On "Search Providers" options, choose and "Set as default" a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “websearch.webisawsome.info”.
5. Then choose the unwanted “Websearch” search provider and click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select any unwanted toolbar or extension belonging to “WebSearch” from here and click "Disable"
- WebSearch Toolbar
- WebSearch BHO
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “websearch.webisawsome.info” Homepage & Search settings from Google Chrome.
2. On “Startup” section, choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the unwanted webpage "websearch.webisawsome.info" from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press "OK".
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the unwanted webpage “websearch.webisawsome.info” from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
5. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press "Make default".
7. Then choose the unwanted “WebSearch” search engine and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right.
Choose "Done" to close "Search engines" window.
8. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
9. Remove the unwanted “WebSearch” extension from here by pressing the “recycle icon” to the right.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “websearch.webisawsome.info” Homepage & Search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go “Options”.
2. In “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage: “websearch.webisawsome.info” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finish.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove any “WebSearch” extension that exists there, by pressing the "Remove" button.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.