How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10.
The startup programs in Windows, are all the programs that run automatically at Windows startup. As you can easily understand, as many programs start with Windows, as slower your computer will be. So, if you want your computer to work in its highest performance, you must prevent all the programs that you don't need to run at Windows 10 startup.
This tutorial contains step-by-step instructions, on how to view & manage (enable/disable) the startup programs on Windows 10 operating system.
How to Manage Startup Programs in Windows 10/8/7 OS.
Method 1. Manage Startup Programs with Task Manager.
Method 2. Manage Startup Programs with CCleaner.
Method 1. How to View & Manage the Startup Programs in Windows 10 using the Task Manager.*
* Note: This method applies to Windows 10 & 8/8.1 only.
The first method to manage the applications that starting with Windows 10, is by using the Task Manager. To do that:
1. Press the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys to open the task manager.
2. At Task Manager window, select the Startup tab.
3. Now review all the startup applications and disable those that you do not want to run at startup.
Method 2. How to Manage Windows Startup Programs with CCleaner. *
* Note: This method applies to all Windows versions (Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista or XP).
One of my favorite programs to manage the startup programs in Windows 10 and to keep computers clean from the the junk and the useless files, is the CCleaner utility. To disable the unwanted startup programs with CCleaner in Windows 10, 8 or 7 OS:
1. Download and Install CCleaner Free. *
* Note: If you don't know how to install CCleaner, read these instructions.
2. At the the Tools options, click the Startup button and then select the Windows tab.*
* Info: At the 'Windows' tab, you will see a list of all the startup programs that run automatically when Windows starts.
3. To increase your system's performance, select the programs that you don't want to start with Windows and click the Disable button. **
1. By decreasing the number of programs at Windows Startup, you 'll increase the Windows performance dramatically.
2. If after restarting your computer, you face problems with any of the disabled programs, just run CCleaner again and re-enable it.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.