Last updated on September 28th, 2013
"MyStart by IncrediBar", is a browser adware and hijacker program that changes you browser's start page and settings and performs redirects when you browse the internet. This adware is bundled inside software installation programs. Once the program is installed, it changes your start page to "mystart.incredibar.com", emulates the Google search engine and displays advertisements from online marketing. This adware program is also responsible for malware programs that can harmful your computer.
To completely remove "MyStart by IncrediBar" engine and settings follow the following procedure.
Step 1. Uninstall "IncrediBar Toolbar on IE" from your Control panel.
1. To do this go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double click to open "Add or Remove Programs".
3. In the program list, find and Remove/Uninstall these applications:
a. IncrediBar Toolbar on IE
b. IB Updater sevice
c. IB Updater
Step 2. Remove "MyStart" and "IncrediBar" from your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox).
How to remove MyStart and IncrediBar from Internet Explorer and restore browser settings.
1. Open Internet Explorer and then open "Internet Options".
To do this from IE's file menu choose "Tools" > "Internet Options".
2. Click the "Advanced" tab.
3. Choose "Reset".
4. Check (to enable) the "Delete personal settings" box and choose "Reset".
5. After the resetting action is completed, press "Close" and then choose "OK" to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Restart your browser and proceed to Step 3.
How to remove MyStart and IncrediBar from Google Chrome and restore browser settings.
1. Open Google chrome and go to chrome menu and choose "Settings".
2. Find the "On startup" section and choose "Set Pages".
3. Delete the "MyStart by IncrediBar.com" from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. https://www.wintips.org) and press "OK".
5. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Yahoo search) and press "Make default".
7. Then choose the "MyStart Search" search engine and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right. Choose "OK" to close "Search engines" window.
8. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
9. At the "Extensions" pane, remove the "IB Updater" entry by pressing the "recycle bin" icon in that line.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and proceed to Step 3.
How to remove MyStart and IncrediBar from Mozilla Firefox and restore browser settings.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and go "Tools" > "Options"
2. At "General" tab, go to "Home Page" settings and delete the "MyStart.incredibar.com"homepage and type your preferred home page: e.g. www.wintips.org
3. Choose "Manage Add-ons".
4. At "Manage Add-ons" manager, choose the "Extensions" options on the left and then remove any extension that belong to "Incredibar.com".
5. After "Incredibar.com" removal, press "restart now" to restart Firefox.
6. After Firefox restarts, from Firefox main menu go to "Help" > "Troubleshooting Information".
6. In "Troubleshooting Information" window, press "Reset Firefox" button to reset Firefox to its default state.
After the resetting job is completed, the Firefox restarts.
7. Press "OK" to close the "Manage Search Engine" window.
8 Close all Firefox windows and proceed to the next Step.
Step 3. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use "CCleaner" program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.
If you don't how to install and use "CCleaner", read these instructions.
Step 4. Clean your computer from malicious threats.
Use "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware" to clean your computer from malicious threats.
If you don't know how to install and use "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware", read these instructions.
When finish restart your computer for changes take effect and start working with your computer again.