“Safe PC Cleaner” (www.securebitin.com) is a Rogue antivirus software that gets on your computer as a bundled software when you download and install other free software from the Internet. When “Safe PC Cleaner” is installed on your computer, it runs on Windows Start-up and asks to enter (buy) a serial key to activate the program. The “Safe PC Cleaner” looks legitimate, but if you want to uninstall the program from your computer (Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs), then your computer freezes and the only way to get your computer back in operation is to shut it down using the power button.
In case that you don’t want to buy “Safe PC Cleaner” and you want to remove the program from your computer, then follow the instructions given below:
How to uninstall “Safe PC Cleaner” Rogue Antivirus software from your computer.
Step 1: Terminate “Safe PC Cleaner” running process.
Notice. If you face problems to uninstall Safe PC Cleaner in Windows Normal Mode, then boot your computer in “Safe Mode With Networking” and continue to the steps described below.
- To boot your computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”:
- Reboot your computer
- Press the “F8” key on your keyboard repeatedly as your computer is booting up (before the appearance of the Windows logo.)
- When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press “ENTER“.
1. Press simultaneously the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" keys on your keyboard.
2. Select “Start Task Manager”.
3. At “Processes” tab, select the following processes and click the “End Process” button.
- PC Cleaner.exe
4. Close “Task Manager” and continue to the next step.
Step 2. Uninstall "Safe PC Cleaner” app from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these programs :
- Safe PC Cleaner Free (Secure Bit Technologies Pvt. Ltd.)
- Any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 3: Clean Adware & Unwanted Browser Toolbars.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Delete Malicious Folders & Files
Notice: You must enable the hidden files view to perform this task. To do that, go to:
- Start > Control Panel > Folder Options. Click the "View" tab.
- Click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" &
- Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files"
- Press "OK"
1. Navigate to the following paths & delete the following folder(s) (in bold):
- C:\Users\<Your_Username>\AppData\Roaming\Secure Bit Technologies Pvt. Ltd
2. Select & delete all files and folders under “C:\Temp” folder.
Step 5. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly".
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.