If you see annoying popup ads from “updatenowpro.com”, then you ‘re probably infected with a malicious adware software that has been installed on your computer. In this case, the program that is responsible for updatenowpro.com ads is named “Software Updater Version” (or “Software Version Updater”) and it is an adware program. Commonly adware programs are offered from websites that display misleading messages that try to persuade users that they need to install additional software in order for their computer to work properly. When a user installs the intended software, then more pop-up ads are displayed on the victim’s computer screen and the computer speed is slowed down due to the malicious programs running on the background.
The malware program “Software Version Updater” that is responsible for “Updatenowpro.com” popup ads can be downloaded and installed without the user’s knowledge because it is commonly bundled inside other freeware software that are offered from infected websites or known internet sites like “download.com (CNET)”, “Softonic.com”, etc. For that reason, you must always pay attention to the installation options in any program you install on your computer, because most software installers contain additional software that you never wanted to install. In simple words, DO NOT INSTALL ANY IRRELEVANT SOFTWARE that comes with the software installer of the program that you want to install. More specifically, when you install a program on your computer:
- DO NOT INSTALL INTENDED or REQUIRED SOFTWARE from websites that offers Online Streaming Video (Movies, Series, Porn, etc.).
- DO NOT PRESS the “Next” button too fast at the installation screens of any program.
- READ VERY CAREFULLY the Terms and Agreements before clicking “Accept”.
- ALWAYS SELECT: “Custom” installation.
- DECLINE to install any offered additional software that you don’t want to install.
- UNCHECK any option that says that your homepage and search settings will be modified.
How to remove ‘Software Version Updater’ malicious software & ‘Updatenowpro.com’ pop-up ads from your computer:
Step 1. Stop & Remove ‘Software Version Updater’ malicious running process with RogueKiller.
1. Download and save “RogueKiller” utility on your computer’* (e.g. your Desktop)
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system’s version. To find your operating system’s version, “Right Click” on your computer icon, choose “Properties” and look at “System Type” section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Wait until the pre-scan is completed and then, read and “Accept” the license terms.
4. Press the “Scan” button to scan your computer for malicious threats and malicious startup entries.
5. When the full scan is completed, look at the “Registry” tab and select all entries found.
6. Finally, press the “Delete“button to remove all malicious items.
7. Close “RogueKiller” and continue to the next step.
Step 2. Uninstall malicious software from your Control Panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Windows 8 & 8.1:
2. Double click to open:
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features (or “Uninstall a Program”) if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen:
3a. Sort the the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed on) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown program that was lately installed on your system.
3b. Also remove any of these malicious applications:
- Software Updater version
- Software Version Updater
- HD Plus
- MyPC Backup
- Plus HD
Step 3. Remove “Software Version Updater” entries from Windows Startup.
1. Download and run CCleaner.
2. At “CCleaner” main window, choose “Tools” on the left pane.
3. In “Tools” section, choose “Startup“.
4. Choose “Windows” tab and then select and delete the following malicious entries:
- Yes | Startup Common | SoftwareUpdater.lnk | Software Updater | C:\Program Files\Software Updater\SoftwareUpdater.exe
5. Close CCleaner.
Step 4: Remove Updatenowpro.compop-up ads with “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. After accepting the “License Agreement”, press the “Scan” button.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close “AdwCleaner” information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5 – Reset Internet Browser Settings.
To ensure that “Updatenowpro.com” infection is completely removed from your Internet browser, reset your Internet Browser Settings to default.
How to remove Updatenowpro.com popup ads from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools ” and choose “Internet Options“.
2. Click the “Advanced” tab.
3. Choose “Reset”.
4. Check (to enable) the “Delete personal settings” box and choose “Reset”.
5. After the resetting action is completed, press “Close” and then choose “OK” to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
How to remove Updatenowpro.com pop-up ads from Chrome
2. Look at the end of “Settings” options and press the “Show advanced settings” link.
3. Scroll all the page down and press the “Reset Browser Settings” button.
4. Press the “Reset” button again.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
How to remove Ads by Updatenowpro.com from Firefox.
1. From Firefox menu, go to “Help” > “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. In “Troubleshooting Information” window, press “Reset Firefox” button to reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Press “Reset Firefox” again.
4. After the resetting job is completed, Firefox restarts.
Step 6. Remove ‘Software Updater Version’ with Junkware Removal Tool.
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with “JRT – Junkware Removal Tool”.
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 7. Remove Updatenowpro.com infection with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium:
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the “Start My Free 14-Trial” option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the “Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium” option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed, first press the “Quarantine All” button to remove all threats and then click “Apply Actions”.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restart, run Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in Windows “Safe mode“. Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 8. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.