Last updated on July 5th, 2019
"Websearch.fastsearchings.info" (http://www.websearch.fastsearchings.info) is a browser hijacker bundled inside other free software installation programs and upon installed on your computer, it modifies your Internet homepage and search provider to "websearch.fastsearchings.info" in order to perform browsing redirects and display advertisements from unknown vendors.
"Websearch.fastsearchings.info" was probably installed on your computer without your permission as a bundled software inside other free software programs that you downloaded and installed from the Internet. For that reason, you must always pay attention at the installation options of any program that you want to install on your computer and never install the bundled software that the program wants to install with it.
To remove "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" homepage & restore your browser search settings, follow the steps below:
How to get rid of "websearch.fastsearchings.info" hijacker.
Step 1. Uninstall unwanted applications from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen, sort the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed on) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown application that was lately installed on your system. Also remove any of these adware applications listed below:
- AdBlocker (by: Adblocker)
- MySearch (by: MySearch)
- PC Sustainer 1.80 (by: Certified Publisher)
- Vaudix (by: VAUdix)
- * Also uninstall any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 2: Delete "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" Adware with AdwCleaner.
1. Download and save "AdwCleaner" utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open "AdwCleaner" from your desktop.
3. Press "Scan".
4. When the scan is completed, press "Clean" to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press "OK" at "AdwCleaner – Information" and press "OK" again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step
Step 3. Ensure that "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" homepage & search settings are removed from your internet browser.
How to remove "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" homepage & search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. At "General" tab, delete the unwanted homepage (http://www.websearch.fastsearchings.info) from "Home page" box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At "Search" section, press "Settings". *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the "Gear" icon (on the top right corner) and choose "Manage Add-ons" .
4. On "Search Providers" options, choose and "Set as default" a search provider other than the unwanted search provider "WebSearch" .
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider "WebSearch" & click Remove.
6. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart Internet Explorer.
How to remove "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" homepage & search settings from Google Chrome.
2. On "Startup" section, choose "Set Pages".
3. Delete the unwanted webpage http://websearch.fastsearchings.info/ from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press "OK".
5. Under "Appearance" section, check to enable the "Show Home button" option and choose "Change".
6. Delete the unwanted webpage "http://websearch.fastsearchings.info/" entry from "Open this page" box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your "Home page" button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press "OK".
8. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
9. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press "Make default".
10 Then choose the unwanted "Websearch" search engine and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right.
Choose "Done" to close "Search engines" window.
11. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
12. Remove the following unwanted extensions from here by pressing the "recycle icon" to the right:
- Personal Block List by Google
13. Close all open windows and restart Google Chrome.
How to remove "Websearch.fastsearchings.info" homepage & search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on "Firefox" menu button and go to "Options".
2. In "General" tab, delete the unwanted homepage: "http://www.websearch.fastsearchings.info/" page from "Home Page" box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press "OK" when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to "Tools" > "Manage Add-ons".
4. Choose "Extensions" on the left and then remove the following unwanted extensions:
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
7. On Firefox URL box, type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
8. Click at "I'll be careful, I promise" button.
9. In the search box, type: "websearch" & press Enter.
10. Now right-click on every "WebSearch" value found & select "Reset".
11. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
12. Proceed to the next Step.
Step 4. Remove Online Browser Advertising with Junkware Removal Tool.
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with "JRT – Junkware Removal Tool".
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 5. Remove Websearch.fastsearchings.info with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware FREE
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium:
Quick download & Installation instructions:
- After you click the above link, press at the "Start My Free 14-Trial" option to start your download.
- To install the FREE version of this amazing product, uncheck the "Enable free Trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium" option at the last installation screen.
Scan & Clean your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the update process is completed, press the "Scan Now" button to start scanning your system for malware and unwanted programs.
3. Now wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware finishes scanning your computer for malware.
4. When the scan has completed,press the "Quarantine All" button to remove all threats.
5. Wait until Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes all infections from your system and then restart your computer (if required from the program) to completely remove all active threats.
6. After the system restarts, run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to verify that no other threats remain in your system.
Advice: To ensure that your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in Windows "Safe mode". Detailed instructions on how to do that you can find here.
Step 6. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use "CCleaner" program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don't know how to install and use "CCleaner", read these instructions.