“SpeedUpMyComputer” (by “SmartTweak”) is a Rogue optimization software that gets on your computer as bundled software when you download and install other free software from the Internet. When “SpeedUpMyComputer” is installed on your computer, it runs on Windows Start-up and asks to enter (buy) a serial key to activate the program.
The “SpeedUpMyComputer” program looks legitimate, but if you want to fix the issues found, then the program demands from you to buy the full version in order to continue.
If you want to remove “SpeedUpMyComputer” from your computer, then follow the instructions given below:
How to get rid of “SpeedUpMyComputer” Rogue software.
Step 1: Terminate “SpeedUpMyComputer”.
1. Right-click on “SpeedUpMyComputer” icon and select “Exit”
3. Click at “Quit” button.
Step 2. Uninstall “SpeedUpMyComputer” app from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these programs :
- SpeedUpMyComputer (SmartTweak Software)
- Any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 3. Remove “SpeedUpMyComputer” entries from Windows Startup.
1. Download and run CCleaner.
2. At “CCleaner” main window, choose “Tools” on the left pane.
3. In “Tools” section, choose “Startup“.
4. Choose “Windows” tab and then select and delete the following malicious entries:
- Yes HKCU:Run FixMyRegistry SmartTweak Software Ltd C:\Program Files\SmartTweak\FixMyRegistry\FixMyRegistry.exe /ot /as /ss
- Yes HKCU:Run SpeedUpMyComputer C:\Program Files\SmartTweak\SpeedUpMyComputer\SpeedUpMyComputer.exe /ot /as
5. Close CCleaner.
Step 4: Clean SpeedUpMyComputer Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close “AdwCleaner” information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5. Delete ‘SpeedUpMyComputer’ Folders & Files
1. Navigate to the following paths & delete the following folder(s) (in bold):
- C:\Program Files\SmartTweak
2. Delete the “FixMyRegistry” shortcut from your Desktop.
3. Delete the “SmartTweak Software” folder from your programs list.
Step 6. Remove SpeedUpMyComputer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” main window appears on your screen, choose the “Perform quick scan” option and then press “Scan” button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the “Show results” button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the “Show Results” window check – using your mouse’s left button- all the infected objects and then choose the “Remove Selected” option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, “Restart your system to remove all active threats properly”.
6. Continue to the next step.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.