“Plus-HD” is a "Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)" and upon installed on your computer, it modifies your computer settings in order to make money by displaying pop-up Ads or by redirecting your searches into advertisements from unknown publishers. If a computer is infected with “Plus-HD” adware, then more pop-up ads are displayed on the victim’s computer screen and the computer speed is slowed down due to the malicious program running on the background.
Adware programs make it difficult to use your computer because they always display annoying pop-ups while using your computer, they slow down your computer speed and hijack your browser’s settings and homepage in order to display more ads while using it.
“Plus-HD” adware program, probably is installed without the user's notice because it is commonly bundled inside other free software that the user wants to install on his computer. For that reason, you must always pay attention at the installation options of any program that you want to install on your computer and never install the bundled software that the program wants to install with it.
If you want to easy remove “Plus HD“ from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove Ads by “Plus HD“ Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) from your computer
Step 1. Terminate and clean malicious running processes and programs.
1. Download and save "RogueKiller" utility on your computer'* (e.g. your Desktop)
Notice*: Download version x86 or X64 according to your operating system's version. To find your operating system's version, "Right Click" on your computer icon, choose "Properties" and look at "System Type" section.
2. Double Click to run RogueKiller.
3. Let the prescan to complete (terminate malicious processes) and then press on "Scan" button to perform a full scan.
3. When the full scan is completed, press the "Delete" button to remove all malicious items found.
Step 2. Uninstall “PLUS-HD” & Adware applications from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. When the program list is displayed on your screen, sort the programs displayed by Installation date (Installed on) and then find and Remove (Uninstall) any unknown application that was lately installed on your system. Also remove any of these adware applications listed below:
- Settings Manager
- * Also uninstall any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 3: Clean Adware & Unwanted Browser Toolbars.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Remove potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) with JRT (Junkware Removal Tool).
1. Download and run JRT – Junkware Removal Tool.
2. Press any key to start scanning your computer with “JRT – Junkware Removal Tool”.
3. Be patient until JRT scans and cleans your system.
4. Close JRT log file and and then reboot your computer.
Step 5. Delete Malicious Folders & Files
Notice: You must enable the hidden files view to perform this task. To do that, go to:
- Start > Control Panel > Folder Options. Click the "View" tab.
- Click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" &
- Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files"
- Press "OK"
1. Navigate to the following paths & delete the following folder(s) (in bold):
- C:\Program Files\Plus-HD
- C:\Program Files\plushd8.1
- C:\Program Files\Settings Manager
2. Select & delete all files and folders under “C:\Temp” folder.
Step 6. Remove Ads & all adware extensions from your Internet Browser.
Reset your Internet Browser Settings & Remove Adware Extensions
How to remove ads from Internet Explorer
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. Click the “Advanced” tab.
3. Choose “Reset”.
4. Check (to enable) the “Delete personal settings” box and choose “Reset”.
5. After the resetting action is completed, press “Close” and then choose “OK” to exit Internet Explorer options.
6. Close all windows and restart Internet Explorer.
How to remove ads from Chrome
2. Look at the end of “Settings” options and press the “Show advanced settings” link.
3. Scroll all the page down and press the “Reset Browser Settings” button.
4. Press the “Reset” button again.
5. Restart Google Chrome.
How to remove ads from Firefox
1. From Firefox menu, go to “Help” > “Troubleshooting Information”.
2. In “Troubleshooting Information” window, press “Reset Firefox” button to reset Firefox to its default state.
3. Press “Reset Firefox" again.
4. After the resetting job is completed, Firefox restarts.
Step 7. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to its latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 8. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.