“dnsrsearch.com” (TimeWarnerCable.com) is a browser hijacker bundled inside other free software installation programs and upon installed on your computer, it modifies your Internet home page to “dnsrsearch.com” and changes your Internet search engine to “dnsrsearch.com” which performs browsing redirects and displays advertisements from unknown vendors.
The “dnsrsearch.com” hijacker was probable installed on your computer when you download and install a legitimate software on it.
This tutorial is written to help users to completely uninstall/remove the “dnsrsearch.com” browser hijacker utility from their computers.
Note: You must always pay attention when you install software on your computer.
“Dnsrsearch.com” (TimeWarnerCable.com) browser redirect removal Instructions:
How to uninstall “dnsrsearch.com” browser hijacker from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall “DnsRSearch” from your Windows Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the programs list, find and Remove (Uninstall) any program from “DNSRSEARCH”.
Step 2: Clean Adware/Hijacker registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close “AdwCleaner” information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 3. Remove “dnsrsearch.com” homepage & search settings from your internet browser.
How to remove “dnsrsearch.com” homepage & search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: “Tools ” and choose “Internet Options“.
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage “dnsrsearch.com” from “Home page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section, press “Settings” in Search section. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On “Search Providers” options, choose and “Set as default” a search provider other than the unwanted “DNSRSEARCH” provider.
5. Then choose the “DNSRSEARCH” search provider and click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select and Disable all unwanted toolbars or extensions found there from “DNSRSEARCH”.
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
8. Proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “dnsrsearch.com” homepage & search settings from Google Chrome.
2. Find the “On startup” section and choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the “dnsrsearch.com” from startup pages by pressing the “X” symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press “OK“.
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the “dnsrsearch.com” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
5. Go to “Search” section and choose “Manage search engines“.
6. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press “Make default“.
7. Then choose the “dnsrsearch” search engine and remove it by pressing the “X” symbol at the right.
Choose “Done” to close “Search engines” window.
8. Choose “Extensions” on the left.
9. In “Extensions” options, remove any unwanted extension found there by clicking the recycle icon at the right.
10. Close all Google Chrome windows and proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “dnsrsearch.com” homepage & search settings from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go “Options”.
2. In “General” tab delete the unwanted homepage: “http://dnsrsearch.com” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove any unwanted extension from there (e.g. “DNSSEARCH”) by pressing the “Remove” button.
5. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Step 4. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.
Step 5. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” and allow the program to update to it’s latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware” main window appears on your screen, choose the “Perform quick scan” option and then press “Scan” button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the “Show results” button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the “Show Results” window check – using your mouse’s left button- all the infected objects and then choose the “Remove Selected” option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, “Restart your system to remove all active threats properly”