Last updated on January 13th, 2014
"Tube Dimmer” is a "Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)" installed on common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome) running always on the computer background and may contain and install malicious programs on your computer, like adware, toolbars or viruses.
The "TubeDimmer” is distributed by “Creative Island Media, LLC” in order to earn money by redirecting web searches to advertisements from unknown publishers or by displaying annoying pop-aps inside your Internet browser.
The “TubeDimmer” malicious application is commonly bundled inside freeware software which are downloaded -and installed- from known internet sites like “download.com (CNET)”, “Softonic.com”, etc. Please be careful at installation options when you install free software so that you don't accidentally install additional unwanted software or toolbars.
To uninstall TubeDimmer from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove “Tube Dimmer” from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall unwanted software from your computer.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these applications :
- Tube Dimmer (Creative Island Media, LLC)
- Any other unknown application.
Step 2: Clean Adware & Unwanted Browser Toolbars.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 3. Ensure that “Tube Dimmer” is removed from your Internet Browser.
How to remove “Tube Dimmer” from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Manage add-ons”.
2. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane and then select and Disable the following toolbars and extensions from “Creative Island Media, LLC” publisher:
- Tube Dimmer
3. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart your browser.
4. Proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “Tube Dimmer” from Google Chrome.
2. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
3. In “Extensions” options, remove the “Tube Dimmer” unwanted extension by clicking the recycle icon at the right.
4. Close all Google Chrome windows and proceed to Step 4.
How to remove “Tube Dimmer” from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and click “Add-ons”.
2. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove the unwanted “Tube Dimmer” extension by pressing the "Disable" button.
3. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
4. Proceed to the next Step.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
1. Run "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" and allow the program to update to it's latest version and malicious database if needed.
2. When the "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" main window appears on your screen, choose the "Perform quick scan" option and then press "Scan" button and let the program scan your system for threats.
3. When the scanning is completed, press “OK” to close the information message and then press the "Show results" button to view and remove the malicious threats found.
4. At the "Show Results" window check – using your mouse's left button- all the infected objects and then choose the "Remove Selected" option and let the program remove the selected threats.
5. When the removal of infected objects process is complete, "Restart your system to remove all active threats properly"
6. Continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.