Last updated on January 10th, 2014
"Triple-Search Toolbar ” is a browser adware and hijacker program, that modifies your Internet homepage to “http://www.triple-search.com/” and changes your default search engine to “Triple-Search” in order to display advertisements from unknown vendors.
"Triple-Search Toolbar” can be installed on common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox) if a user doesn’t pay attention when installing free software (commonly).
To remove “Triple-Search Toolbar” & “Triple-Search” settings from your computer, follow the removal instructions given below:
How to remove Triple-Search Toolbar from your computer:
Step 1. Uninstall applications belonging to the "Triple-Search” publisher from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove / Uninstall the following programs:
- Triple-Search Toolbar
- Triple Search Chrome Toolbar
- dalesearch toolbar
- DaleSearch Chrome Toolbar.
- Any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 2. Remove Triple-Search homepage & Triple-Search Toolbar settings from your internet browser.
How to remove Triple-Search Toolbar & Triple-Search settings from Internet Explorer.
1. From Internet Explorer main menu, click: "Tools " and choose "Internet Options".
2. At “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage (www.triple-search.com) from “Home page” box & type your preferred Home Page (e.g. www.google.com)
3. At “Search” section press “Settings”. *
Notice*: If you want to modify search settings in Internet explorer while in main Internet Explorer window, just press the “Gear” icon (on the top right corner) and choose “Manage Add-ons” .
4. On "Search Providers" options, choose and "Set as default" a search provider other than the unwanted search provider “Triple Search” (or “DaleSearch”).
5. Then choose the unwanted search provider “Triple Search” & click Remove.
6. Choose “Toolbars and Extensions” on the left pane.
6a. Select and Disable (one by one) all the unwanted Triple-Search extensions:
- “Triple Search Toolbar”
- “Triple Search Helper Object”
7. Close all Internet Explorer windows and restart Internet Explorer.
8. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove Triple-Search Toolbar & Triple-Search settings from Google Chrome.
2. On “Startup” section, choose “Set Pages“.
3. Delete the unwanted webpage "triple-search.com" from startup pages by pressing the "X" symbol on the right.
4. Set your preferred startup page (e.g. http://www.google.com) and press "OK".
5. Under “Appearance” section, check to enable the “Show Home button” option and choose “Change”.
6. Delete the unwanted webpage “triple-search.com” entry from “Open this page” box.
7. Type (if you like) your preferred webpage to open when you press your “Home page” button (e.g. www.google.com) or leave this field blank and press “OK”.
8. Go to "Search" section and choose "Manage search engines".
9. Choose your preferred default search engine (e.g. Google search) and press "Make default".
10 Then choose the unwanted “Triple Search” search engine and remove it by pressing the "X" symbol at the right.
Choose "Done" to close "Search engines" window.
11. Choose "Extensions" on the left.
12. Remove the unwanted extension “Triple Search Toolbar” from here by pressing the “recycle icon” to the right.
13. Close all open windows and restart Google Chrome.
14. Proceed to Step 3.
How to remove Triple-Search Toolbar & Triple-Search homepage from Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click on “Firefox” menu button on the top left of Firefox window and go to “Options”.
2. In “General” tab, delete the unwanted homepage: “triple-search.com” page from “Home Page” box & type your preferred homepage (e.g. http://www.google.com).
Press “OK” when finished.
3. From Firefox menu, go to “Tools” > “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Choose “Extensions” on the left and then remove the unwanted “TripleSearch” extension, by pressing the "Remove" button.
6. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
7. On Firefox URL box type the following command: about:config & press Enter.
8. Click at “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
8. In the search box, type: “triple-search” & press Enter.
9. Now right-click on every “http://www.triple-search.com” value found & select “Reset”.
10. Close all Firefox windows and restart Firefox.
Step 3: Clean remaining registry entries using “AdwCleaner”.
1. Download and save “AdwCleaner” utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open ”AdwCleaner” from your desktop.
3. Press “Scan”.
4. When the scan is completed, press “Clean” to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press “OK” at “AdwCleaner – Information” and press “OK” again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 4. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don’t know how to install and use “MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.