If you experiencing the error 0x8007000d while trying to download KB4598242 update on Windows 10, continue reading below to solve the problem.
The 0x8007000d Windows 10 Update error "Some update files are missing or contain errors", is usually caused if the update files are corrupted, or if the Mixed Reality feature (also known as "Windows Holographic"), is installed on the machine.
This tutorial contains step by step instructions to resolve the error 0x8007000d in Windows 10 update.
How to FIX 0x8007000d Windows 10 Update error.
Important: Before applying the methods mentioned below to troubleshoot the error 0x8007000d, proceed and apply the following steps and then try to update Windows 10 again.
Step 1. Ensure that you have signed in Windows with an Administrator account.
Step 2. Make sure that the Date, Time & Regional settings are correct.
Step 3. Make sure that you have enough space on your disk (at least 20GB). To free up disk space use the Disk Cleanup tool and follow the instructions in this tutorial: How to Free Up Disk Space with Disk Cleanup.
Step 4. If you own Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise and you have enabled the BitLocker drive protection, then proceed and decrypt the drive C: before installing the update.*
* Note: To disable the BitLocker drive encryption, go to Control Panel > System and Security > BitLocker Drive Encryption and click Turn off BitLocker.
Step 5. Download and install the latest Servicing stack update, for the installed Windows 10 version and architecture (32/64-bit). (To view the installed Windows 10 version/architecture, go to: Start -> Settings –> System –> About.)
Method 1. Force Windows to re-download the Update(s).
The first method to solve error 0x8007000d in Windows 10 update, is to recreate the Windows Update Store folder ("C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution"), which is the location where Windows stores the downloaded updates. To do that:
3. Right click on Windows Update service and select Stop.
4. Then, open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows folder.
5. Select and Delete the “SoftwareDistribution” folder.*
(Click Continue at "Folder Access Denied" window).
* Note: The next time that the Windows Update will run, a new empty SoftwareDistribution folder will be automatically created by Windows to store updates.
6. Restart your computer and then try to check for updates.
Method 2. FIX 0x8007000d error with DISM & SFC tools.
1. Open command prompt as administrator. To do that:
1. In the Search box type: cmd or command prompt
2. Right click on the command prompt (result) and select Run as Administrator.
2. At the command prompt window, type the following command & press Enter:
- Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
3. Be patient until DISM repairs component store. When the operation is completed, (you should be informed that the component store corruption was repaired), give this command and press Enter:
- SFC /SCANNOW
4. When SFC scan is completed, restart your computer.
5. Try to update your system again.
Method 3. FIX error 0x8007000d by Uninstalling the Mixed Reality Feature.
A common method to solve the 0x8007000d error in Windows 10 KB4598242 update is to uninstall the Mixed Reality feature (Capability name: Analog.Holographic.Desktop)
1. Open command prompt as administrator.
2. In command prompt copy and paste the following command & press Enter:
- dism /online /remove-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0
3. After removing the "Analog.Holographic.Desktop" capability, restart your PC and try to install updates again. Normally this time, the update will be completed without errors.*
* Note: If the update fails again, follow the step in method-1 above to re-download the updates from scratch.
4. After the update installation proceed and re-add the Analog.Holographic.Desktop package to install the Mixed Reality Feature on your PC again, (at the case you need it), by giving this command in admin command prompt.
dism /online /add-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0
Method 4. Repair Windows 10 with an in-place Upgrade.
Another method that usually works, to fix Windows 10 update problems, is by repairing Windows 10. For that task follow the detailed instructions on this article: How to repair Windows 10.
That's it! Which method worked for you?
Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.