Last updated on February 17th, 2014
"LiveSupport" application is a "Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)" offered by the "PC Utilities Software Limited" company in order to make money. More specifically, the company gives to its customers a telephone number (+1-855-544-6024) in order to call an IT specialist to resolve the problems on their computers (DO NOT call this number if you don't want to lose your money). Also, the "LiveSupport" app promotes some other suspicious programs from "PC Utilities Software Limited" company, like the "System Performance Optimizer" or the "Driver Updater".
"LiveSupport" is installed on computers as a bundled software inside other free software programs which are downloaded from unreliable sources. For this reason you must pay attention at the installation options when you install a program on your computer.
To remove "LiveSupport" annoying application from your computer, follow the steps below:
How to remove "LiveSupport" popup window from your computer:
Step 1: Terminate the "LiveSupport" process.
To do that:
1. Press simultaneously the "Ctrl + Alt + Del" keys on your keyboard.
2. Select "Start Task Manager".
3. At "Processes" tab, select the "LiveSupport.exe"process and click the "End Process" button.
4. Close "Task Manager" and continue to the next step.
Step 2. Uninstall "LiveSupport" app from your Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the program list, find and Remove (Uninstall) these programs :
- Driver Updater
- System Performance Optimizer
- Any other App from "PC Utilities Software Limited" publisher.
- Any other unknown or unwanted application.
Step 3. Prevent "LiveSupport" from starting at Windows Startup.
1. Download and run CCleaner.
2. At "CCleaner" main window, choose "Tools" on the left pane.
3. In "Tools" section, choose "Startup".
4. Choose the "Windows" tab and then select and delete the following malicious entry if exists:
- LiveSupport | PC Utilities Software Limited | "C:\Program Files\LiveSupport\LiveSupport.exe" /noshow /log
5. Close "CCleaner" and continue to the next step.
Step 4: Clean remaining registry entries using "AdwCleaner".
1. Download and save "AdwCleaner" utility to your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and Double Click to open "AdwCleaner" from your desktop.
3. Press "Scan".
4. When the scan is completed, press "Clean" to remove all the unwanted malicious entries.
4. Press "OK" at "AdwCleaner – Information" and press "OK" again to restart your computer.
5. When your computer restarts, close "AdwCleaner" information (readme) window and continue to the next step.
Step 5. Clean your computer from remaining malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don't know how to install and use "MalwareBytes Anti-Malware", read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware full scan in windows "Safe mode".*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the "F8" key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press "ENTER".
Step 6. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use "CCleaner" program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don't know how to install and use "CCleaner", read these instructions.