“Registry Reviver ” (by “ReviverSoft LLC”) is a system optimization and registry cleaner utility for Windows based computers. “Registry Reviver ” is usually installed on a computer as a bundled software inside other free programs and upon installed, it performs a system scan and then demands from the computer’s user to buy (register) the program in order to remove and fix all problems found.
This tutorial is written to help users to completely uninstall/remove the “Registry Reviver ” utility from their computers if they don’t want to pay in order to use it and they cannot uninstall the program through the normal uninstall procedure described here: http://www.reviversoft.com/registry-reviver/support/?c=6&a=6
Note: You must always pay attention when you install software on your computer.
If you want to completely remove Registry Reviver from your computer, use the steps below:
How to uninstall “Registry Reviver” from your computer:
Step 1. Start your computer in Safe Mode
As Registry Reviver removal process –sometimes- is difficult to be performed, while running in normal Windows mode, it is better to reboot your computer and to log on to Windows using “Safe Mode with Networking” option.
1. To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up (before the appearance of the Windows logo).
2. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 2. Uninstall “Registry Reviver” software from your Windows Control panel.
1. To do this, go to:
- Windows 8/7/Vista: Start > Control Panel.
- Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double click to open
- Add or Remove Programs if you have Windows XP
- Programs and Features if you have Windows 8, 7 or Vista.
3. In the programs list, find and Remove (Uninstall) the following applications:
- Registry Reviver (ReviverSoft LLC)
- Any other application from “ReviverSoft ” publisher.
Step 2. Manually delete remaining “Registry Reviver” files/folders.
1. Open Windows explorer and navigate to “C:\Program Files” folder.
2. Delete all the folders listed below, if they exist:
3. Restart your computer and continue to the next Step.
Step 4. (Optional): Clean your computer from other malicious threats.
Download and install one of the most reliable FREE anti malware programs today to clean your computer from remaining malicious threats. If you want to stay constantly protected from malware threats, existing and future ones, we recommend that you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO:
*If you don’t know how to install and use “MalwareBytes Anti-Malware“, read these instructions.
Advice: To ensure your computer is clean and safe, perform a Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware full scan in windows “Safe mode“.*
*To get into Windows Safe mode, press the “F8” key as your computer is booting up, before the appearance of the Windows logo. When the “Windows Advanced Options Menu” appears on your screen, use your keyboard arrows keys to move to the Safe Mode option and then press “ENTER“.
Step 5. Clean unwanted files and entries.
Use “CCleaner” program and proceed to clean your system from temporary internet files and invalid registry entries.*
*If you don’t know how to install and use “CCleaner”, read these instructions.